Monday, November 28, 2011

Sick, but much better....

Girls, I have been so sick!

After you have a transplant, every little sickness is such a big deal. There are so many drugs I cannot take, even over the counter stuff. I do take 18 pills a day every day, and will for the rest of my life. Crazy! I used to would not even take Tylenol unless I just had to. Only two of those are anti-rejection drugs, the others are pills to keep the other pills from eating up my stomach lining, and LOTS of vitamins. Plus my weight has caused me to have high blood pressure, so I take two for that. After the transplant, I basically have no immune system, well I guess I have one, it just doesn't work good.
I can catch things real quick, and it takes a long time to get over them.

Now don't get me wrong, these are just facts, not complaints. I wake up breathing every day and I am happy to be alive. It's just when I get sick, it is usually worse than everyone else gets, and it takes longer to go away. This little sickness, a stomach virus, sent me to the hospital for IV anti-biotics. Plus I have a touch of crud like everyone else where I live seems to have.

But I AM BETTER this morning. Actually am up at 5 am, which never happens. I will posts more today if I can, but thank you for checking on me... I appreciate it.

6 comments:

  1. I am thankful that you are feeling better. I had to take about twenty pills as a child. Horse pills is what I called them.

    Praying that you stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you are feeling better and thanks for explaining (not complaining) why you take so long to get better. I'm hoping that your immune system will get better over time.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! I hope you feel better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have been feeling so ill. I hope and pray you will be well soon.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get well soon. Over from The mom bloggers Club. Know following you.

    http://createinspirejournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you have a new computer. Hopefully you'll do a post now and then so we know what's going on in your world.

    Have a terrific day Sandy. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete