Saturday, November 5, 2011

Nablopomo_ MeetUp

There is an organization called MeetUp on the internet. I have lived in 4 large cities over the past 12 years (Atlanta, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Phoenix) due the job my hubby had. In every city we joined MeetUp.com.

This is from their site to let you know what MeetUp is all about.
"Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 2,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities.

Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference."

We usually joined the eating groups, where we ate dinner out with different folks at different restaurants. You can be single, married, gay, or polka dotted; no one cares. We made so many friends and I miss it SO much. I now live in a tiny town with no restaurants, not even a McDonald's. I guess what I really miss is civilization and friends. I have only a few friends here and they are more aquaintances than friends.
We also went to events such as movies, air show, hot air balloon show, hikes, etc. Well, I couldn't hike now if my life depended on it. I would pass out walking around the block, lol.
Here are a few pictures of our meetups.

Robert and I on the left.


Robert took this one, I was having a Bad day as you can see, no makeup or anything.

I have not been asked to do this or paid anything. This is coming from me and my heart. If you live in a city, check out MeetUp and see what local things you can join. You'll make new friends and get to go to  new places. Check it out. Let me know if you do, and tell me what you did. I'll live vicariously through your meetups for the time being, lol.

NaBloPoMo 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment