Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Have you started Christmas shopping yet?


We have started, because it takes us a few months to buy for all the girls and everybody else we buy for. But this year we are doing it differently, and cheaper. You would not believe how much I spent on the family last year. I shopped literally all year and by Christmas, it was just ridiculous. We actually bought the little ones more than their parents did. I'm ashamed to admit that.

This year I have already talked to my boys, their spouses, and the kids. The big girls get a gift card each and I let them give me 3 stores to buy from. I already have these. The little girls all get one nice gift (around $25) and a few dollar store things thrown in. My sons and their wives each get a gift card to a restaurant. That's it. That may sound like a lot to you, but it is nothing compared to years past.

Then we buy a few small gifts for others. Hubby exchanges a gift at his job's Christmas party, and we do here at our apt. complex party. I buy our friend Jerry something and our landlady's daughter Heaven a toy. That's it, Done!

Other than the party gifts (just because we don't know who we are buying for yet) everything will be purchased by the end of November. Then we can actually enjoy our Christmas this year without the stress of which kid has how many presents.

For ourselves, we are going to enjoy Christmas somewhere together this year. Not sure of plans yet.



Nablopomo.

2 comments:

  1. I don't buy lots of gifts for Christmas. I usually give money and they can get something they want since they never tell me what they want. It's just easier.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like an amazingly competent and organized person. Me and others like me need to follow your lead so I've given you an award over at Lala Musings: Please check it out and enjoy:Lala musings: Liebster Blog Award from Ola

    Best,

    Rachel :-)

    ReplyDelete