Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Naplobomo : What is your favourite part about writing?

  I think I must have a creative soul. I have had a love for writing since I was a child. (Reading also). My mom would draw bunny villages and others things on her notepad and I would write a story about it on mine. Those are cherished memories.

  I have always been a letter writer and I still send out letters monthly to a few friends and family members. None of them write back. They will send me a tweet or a message on Facebook saying they got it. I just love to write. I am a little more technically inclined now. Even though I don't like email letters so much, I do type some of mine now on the pc and add pictures, etc. and print them out and mail them. With my not so great eyesight it is just easier these days to do it on the pc than to write it longhand.

 I wrote poetry, really bad poetry, as a teen and young adult.

I kept a journal for many years, probably age 16 to about 38. The man I was with at that time was very abusive. I had four boxes, yes boxes, of journals in the closet, and one day he was angry and while I was at work he destroyed them. Burnt them in the garbage. I was devastated, literally. In my head that was years of my life, just gone. Anyway until just recently, I did not write in a journal at all. I am just starting to do it again, but it doesn't have the same wonderful feeling it did before. I am 57 now and starting to feel it, lol. (and no I am no longer with him)

Writing is a way of expressing who I am on paper. It makes me remember things that I had otherwise forgotten. My favorite part of writing is to take a photo and write a story about it. I don't do it to get published or for others to read. I do because I love it, and it makes me stronger.

I am making a life change for myself. I figure at this age, it's now or never, and I have many things about myself I do not like. I think writing about it will help me get through it. Writing is the one area of my life that I have complete control over. It gives me freedom in a way nothing else can. Words have power, and my words give me power.

Bottom line, I just love to write!

NaBloPoMo 2011 Nablopomo

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post! How devastating to have all that work destroyed in one fell swoop! You sound resilient though, so I see your story and desire to write as something of an inspiration.

    Anyway, I am a new follower from the FNF blog hop.

    Can't wait to read more!

    Cheers,

    Rachel :_)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by and following by GFC from the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hope. I'd love if you stopped by my blog.

    Lisa
    http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete