Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Firsts

Today is Nov 1st.
Today is also the first day of the rest of my life, so to speak.
Today I am starting several new projects today plus changing the way I eat. I am very excited about all of these. I hope I don't get overwhelmed.

Hubby and I have committed ourselves to change the way we eat and to walk at least five times a week. Yes, my name is Sandy and I am a fatty. The doctor says I need to lose 115 pounds. I need to lose a whole person ( my 15 year old granddaughter weighs 114). I cannot believe I let myself get back into this shape, but that is the past and today is a new start.

I need to lose the equivalent of Kelsi. It's hard carrying that much extra around every day.
~~~~~
We are starting a spending fast today. Anna Newell Jones over at And Then She Saved
was on the Nate Berkus Show about a month ago and I have been following her blog since then. I have an exorbitant amount of medical debt due to my transplant. I want it paid and gone. So much of our money seems to go to medical bills. So I am trying the spending fast. The point is to spend what you only have to spend and pay off debt and save the rest. I am a compulsive spender, so I need lots of luck with this one.

~~~~~

I am also starting a 365 project. I LOVE taking pictures and this will keep me busier and give me something to look forward to every day. So once a day for 365 days I will post a picture here on the blog. 365project.org
~~~~~

And last but not least it is the first day of Naplobomo for November.

NaBloPoMo 2011 All you need to do is promise to blog once a day for each day of the month. I have started this many times and am determined to do it this time! Why don't you join me?  Naplobomo is at BlogHer now.
~~~~~

My granddaughters Halloween photo. Well 3 out of five aint bad!
An Indian, Cinderella, and Minnie Mouse. Can't get any better than this.
Hope they filled their bags with candy.