Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Firsts

Today is Nov 1st.
Today is also the first day of the rest of my life, so to speak.
Today I am starting several new projects today plus changing the way I eat. I am very excited about all of these. I hope I don't get overwhelmed.

Hubby and I have committed ourselves to change the way we eat and to walk at least five times a week. Yes, my name is Sandy and I am a fatty. The doctor says I need to lose 115 pounds. I need to lose a whole person ( my 15 year old granddaughter weighs 114). I cannot believe I let myself get back into this shape, but that is the past and today is a new start.

I need to lose the equivalent of Kelsi. It's hard carrying that much extra around every day.
~~~~~
We are starting a spending fast today. Anna Newell Jones over at And Then She Saved
was on the Nate Berkus Show about a month ago and I have been following her blog since then. I have an exorbitant amount of medical debt due to my transplant. I want it paid and gone. So much of our money seems to go to medical bills. So I am trying the spending fast. The point is to spend what you only have to spend and pay off debt and save the rest. I am a compulsive spender, so I need lots of luck with this one.

~~~~~

I am also starting a 365 project. I LOVE taking pictures and this will keep me busier and give me something to look forward to every day. So once a day for 365 days I will post a picture here on the blog. 365project.org
~~~~~

And last but not least it is the first day of Naplobomo for November.

NaBloPoMo 2011 All you need to do is promise to blog once a day for each day of the month. I have started this many times and am determined to do it this time! Why don't you join me?  Naplobomo is at BlogHer now.
~~~~~

My granddaughters Halloween photo. Well 3 out of five aint bad!
An Indian, Cinderella, and Minnie Mouse. Can't get any better than this.
Hope they filled their bags with candy.


2 comments:

  1. You can do anything you both set your minds to do. You will lose the weight. It's retraining yourself to eat healthy. It's not easy, but it's so essential to good health and weight control.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can absolutely do it if you set your mind to it! Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete