Saturday, November 12, 2011

How did you meet your husband? partner?

  As you know, I lived in CA with my brother and his family for a while. I got a job that I loved, and was happy and content and had sworn off men forever, lol. That didn't last long. I went on a few dates with different guys, most of which either scared me or were just gross. I prayed for God to please send me somebody good, that I could spend the rest of my life with. I forgot about the prayer and went on with my life.

  There was a girlfriend at work that was always trying to get me to go to church with her. I always made an excuse not to go, as I was not very into church going for a while. Finally I agreed to go with her. When we got there, we were met by a greeter at the door, who had the biggest smile and prettiest blue eyes I'd ever seen. Wow! He introduced himself as Robert. All during the sermon I felt like a stupid schoolgirl. I kept glancing at him and every time I glanced, he was always looking back at me. I would break out in this big sh*t eating grin, you know the kind.

  After church every Sunday my friend and a bunch of people would go out for lunch. That day we went to a burger place right off Wilshire. He came in and sat by me, we talked all afternoon, long after everyone else left, and he took me home. During the ride home, he told me that he didn't want to scare me off, but that he had prayed for God to send him somebody to love and that would love him back just as much. He thought I might be that person. Talk about freaky! Watch what you pray for. God does answer prayers.

  We have been together ever since that day. He is the best thing that ever happened to me, and still treats me like a queen. I guess my motto is: If you are looking for a good guy, pray about it. It works.

I love this man!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sandy,that is the most beautiful post. Did you feel the same way? I'm praying for my youngest son that God sends him just the right woman made for him.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, when God is ready he will send her. My youngest son got married right out of school, but my oldest waited. He said he was not settling for just anybody. We thought he would never marry, and age 31, he met Jenny and they now have a beautiful little toddler. I just feel so blessed to have found the right man finally. I celebrate him every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined your blog during the hop. Cool blog! I'm new and need followers. I would love it if you would check out my free printable crafts for kids blog and hopefully follow me too

    ReplyDelete