Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday 9

1. When was the last time you jetted away for the holidays? When my Mom was alive, I flew to Los Angeles several holidays a year, but the last time for a holiday was in May of this year for my son's wedding.

2. What is your fondest birthday memory? When my boys were about 11 and 12, they did my birthday "on their own" for the first time. They baked me a cake, bought me a pair of cheapie birthstone earrings (which I wore with pride), and gave me cards. It was special and still holds a place in my heart.

3. What names do you go by? Sandy, Saundra

4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks? spending Christmas in AL at my son's house

5. Where is your least favorite place to be, and why? here, because I HATE Arkansas

6. Have you ever had a scary stalker type? never been that lucky, lol

7. What is your favorite holiday tradition? decorating the tree together, hanging the stockings, putting up outside decorations, cooking and baking on Christmas Eve, opening just 1 present on Christmas Eve (which is always some form of pjs), and mainly be with family.

8. What are two activities you do after eating Thanksgiving Dinner? clean the kitchen and relax

9. What did your family do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid? Do you still do it? If not explain why. My family had a huge dinner every year and lots of family members from everywhere came. After my grandma died, that stopped. We no longer have a family Thanksgiving because everyone lives so far away from each other. But we do get together at Christmas.

Play Saturday 9 HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Relaxing on Thanksgiving is the best! Happy Saturday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cleaned my kitchen too after we finished.

    Have a great Saturday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/who-heck-says-this-im-looking-for-long.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, do you want to adopt me for the holidays? LOL!

    Here's mine:

    http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/11/saturday-9-leaving-on-jet-plane.html

    ReplyDelete