Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Queen's Meme #14 Do You Believe in Magic?

Do You Believe in Magic?

1. Tell us about your superstitions. Do you have any? Do you "x out" black cats on the windshield of your car, avoid cracks in the sidewalk or practice other rituals that make you feel safer?
I do not walk under ladders, Yes - I cross out black cats in the road, and that is about it. My grandfather raised me and was VERY superstitious. We were not allowed to play games with dice like monopoly, because dice brought bad money situations to the home, and we could not have an aquarium because live fish in the house brought bad luck.

2. Has anything paranormal ever happened to you that you can write about? Yes. My mom used to always brush my hair and play with my hair even when I was grown. She always said when she died she would try to come back and let me know she was ok by being a beautiful yellow butterfly. For months after she died, I could feel the air get cold in the room and I would feel something touch my hair. It didn't scare me, because I knew it was her. When I went to the cemetery, which wasn't often because I lived a state away, a yellow butterfly would always fly around me. It made me a true believer in the afterlife.

3. Have you ever had a near-death experience? I haven't had the kind you see on tv, but I was told last Nov that I only had two or three weeks to live as I was in end stage liver failure and they could not do anything else for me. I received a new liver on Nov 10. So that was my near death experience. It changed the way I think about 'everything'.

4. Pheromones...aka "love fireworks" (I think I remember those)...are a force to be reckoned with. Do you believe that two people can have an uncontrollable chemical reaction to each other? How do you know this to be true? Yes, I do because I had that with my hubby (#2). I did not have that with #1.

5. Do you believe that modern day witches can put spells on people?
If so, who would you like to hoodoo and why?
I'm not sure but if it is so, and you are a witch..I have a very abusive ex who needs to be turned into a toad or a pig or something.

6. ESP! What do those letters stand for in your life? Extra Special People

7. Do you ever hear strange noises in your house? nope

8. Tell us about a time you "knew" something was going to happened before it did. Are you one of those intuitive types or do you know someone who is ? Do tell. See #9.

9. I'm a tad gifted in the dream department. Really. Sometimes my dreams are prophetic and come true. It can be a blessing and a curse. Has this ever happened to you? If not, would you like to have this gift? (Be careful what you wish for. It can be freaky at times.) My #8 and #9 are the same answer. I also am a tad gifted in the dream dept. My first mother in law died two weeks after I had a crazy funny dream about her death. I dreamed she was dead but we couldn't bury her because she would not quit talking. Seriously! Then the same mother in law came to me in a dream and all she would say is "Call David". David is my oldest son. So I called and he had been attacked and his home broken into a few minutes before I called.

I am so glad this was the theme for today.. I am a believer and most people just think I am crazy!

Come join us HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting answers! I like your ESP too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to have received a transplant. That is truely a blessing. I loved your answers.
    That is cool about your mother stroking your hair and the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are healthy now! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...i echo previous sentiments and wish you good health. That's the first time I've ever heard about dice and fish...what's the status of diced fish???

    ReplyDelete