Tuesday, January 15, 2013

So ready for warmer weather....

  It is SO cold here and the wind makes it worse. I am ready for flip flops and shorts. I LOVE summertime. Before I got fat, I used to stay in the pool. Again, maybe next year.
Hubby still sick, but feeling a tad better. Thank God he was off today, so he got lots of rest. Back to work for him tomorrow. Since he has not been eating, the diet has been good. Not cooking, eat oatmeal in the morning, a small salad for lunch (when I eat lunch), and something simple for supper.
Not weighing again til Saturday though. 
 
My caretaker Carolyn isn't here this week either. Her Mom is in Little Rock in the hospital. I didn't realize what all she helps with til she's not here.
 
 We are trying hard to meet our goals for this year, and have started off well. The weight loss has not been given the push it needs, but it has started. We have saved money out of each of his weekly checks, and my monthly check. All bills for the month are paid out of my check and what he makes is saved and used for things we want, or extras, like taking the dog to the vet, etc.. Plus we set up extra savings for our car account. We have to either get another car or have a lot of work done on this one. slowly but surely... that's how we roll, lol.
 
I've always wanted a pair of Prada shoes, which these are. What a shock! Not the Pradas of my dreams, lol.
Til tomorrow..... ~Sandy~

4 comments:

  1. Saundra we had freezing rain here last night and my driveway was a sheet of ice this morning!

    I'm glad your husband is beginning to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh honey i wish it was warm where you are, it is so nice here, i wish you could visit! and please don't stay out of the pool because of your weight because that's how i lost a bunch of mine. at first i could hardly get in and out and the handrail was used and now after a year i hop out, it is so easy on your joints in the water. i still could not do on land what i can do in the water, not even close! i have more clothes if you want them too... when i get back i'll send them if you let me know.

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi honey. I'm with you on the warm. We've had freezing weather each morning for over a week now. The grass crunches under your shoes. Really cold.

    I sent of the three books yesterday afternoon and you should get them on Tuesday. They will come in the mail do no need to wait for the UPS guy.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big warm hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes look interesting! And Love to eat oatmeal at dinner time. Good luck with your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete