Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy July

Today is National Scarecrow Day! Do you put a scarecrow in your garden? My granddaddy always did, but it never looked pretty like these. His would be like an old mop with clothes on. lol
 
**********
Each apt in our complex has been asked to plant flowers around the complex. I have huge cannas that have grown from one root bulb to this-
But I have decided I will throw lots of wildflower seeds in the ditch behind our our apt. It's just an ugly ditch, and a little color will add to this place a lot.
 
**********
QUESTION of the Day?
 
What is your favorite ice cream?
 
Mine is nutty coconut from Baskin Robbins, but no more of that for a long time til the weight is gone.
**********
You know you are old when you see that Blondie (Debra Harry) is 68 today! Geez
 
**********
Let's plan on having an amazing July!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love wildflowers. Great idea. I hope they take!

    If I have ice cream, which isn't often, it's Chocolate. Of course, I do buy frozen yogurt. Publix Black Raspberry Chip Frozen Yogurt is da bomb! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My papaw, God rest his soul, used to put a scarecrow out. One day we noticed that the crows were perched on it. Must not have scared them too much LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love wild flowers. Please share with us how it turns out.

    My favorite ice cream is Coffee Lovers Ice Cream from Cold Stone Creamery. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous July. :)

    ReplyDelete