Monday, November 19, 2012

Amazing Monday

I just read on facebook that an old school friend, Eddy Tennison, passed away last night. So sad to hear that, and even sadder that I didn't keep up with most of my school friends. I remember Eddy as the red headed, freckled face guy that always had a smile on his face. Haven't seen him in 40 yrs, which is how long ago I graduated high school. That is the saddest part. I'm getting old! Praying for the Tennison family this morning.

It's a beautiful but cold morning in Arkansas. Rain is coming and you can see the darkness back towards the west. Hubby is off today and we are doing a little Christmas shopping. I wanted to be finished by now, but oh well, such is life. I always have these big plans to have lots of money saved for the holidays, and as always, that didn't happen. So we are struggling to buy Christmas again. It sucks. Lack of money just takes some of the spirit out of the holidays.

Hubby and I have been talking. Neither of us are very good savers. Starting the 1st week of January, that changes. Our goal for 2013 is to save, save, save. We need a new (used) car. Ours is a 1994 and is slowly getting more and more things wrong with it. So our first goal is to buy a car by April or May. After that, we'll see how much we can save.

Searching for a new church home. I'm not as religious as I should be, but I am trying. I now have some church clothes, so am looking forward to going to church. I grew up in a small Baptist church in north AL with the Rev Elzie Jones as our preacher. He was my granddaddys fishing buddy. The teens at that church were some of the meanest kids I ever knew, lol. Naughty kids.

Have an amazing Monday!!!!  ~Sandy~







2 comments:

  1. i have not kept up with any school friends either. i wonder who is left and who is gone. i'm sorry about your friend honey...

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not kept up with my school friends either. Did about the first 10 years or so then we just drifted apart. Oh well. Sorry about your friends death.

    Saving is not all that hard you just have to not spend what you put away. You just keep it there until you reach whatever goal you've set for yourselves. You can do this.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete