Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday Tips


                                                 If you wrap your celery in tin foil before placing it in the fridge it will last for weeks, and it will still be fresh and crisp when you pull it out! This also works for stored broccoli for 7 weeks wrapped in tin foil.
 
************************
For clearer skin: take a half lemon from the fridge (doesn’t matter if some juice is already squeezed from it) and put 3-4 drops of honey on it. Rub the lemon on your face, emphasizing trouble areas. Leave the lemon and honey mixture on your face for 5 minutes and then wash it with cold water. You will be able to see the results immediately. Additionally, lemon juice will also fade other marks/spots on the face and honey will moisturize.
********************
This trick of putting a paper towel in with your salad lettuce will keep it fresh all week long. The paper towel will absorb the moisture, which is the culprit for wilting lettuce. THIS WORKS!
*********************
 
I have tried each one of these and they DO work. But with my salad mixes and lettuce, I transfer them to a large Ziploc bag and add a folded paper towel in with it. Been doing that for years and it makes it last so much longer.
 
Got any tips to share?
 
Have a great Thursday!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know any of this. Thanks.

    The only tip I have for clogged drains is cheap white vinegar. Don't buy that expensive drain cleaners. They rarely work. Just put a cup of vinegar in your shower drain or any other drain and it will stay clear.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tips... I'm going to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi-ya. I wandered over from Optimistic Existentialist's blog, and I'm glad I did. That tip about adding a paper towel to salad is well worth the price of admission. (So to speak.) And that paper towel trick is so obvious now that I think about it. (So why the heck didn't I THINK of it?) Thanks.

    Nice to meetcha. Count me in as your newest groupie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel as if I learn so much from the tidbits on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete