Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Queen's meme



1. What is the strangest thing that has ever happened to you in a hospital (besides your illness)? Not enough towels? No condiments? Can't get your favorite channels? Come on, you can tell me. **Or....maybe this answer doesn't involve you being the patient.**
The strangest thing that happened was when I had my liver transplant last year and was in the hospital for 6 weeks. One day an aide came in..a short very gay very southern sweet man, and we started talking. Turns out I went to school with his sister and we became fast friends. After a year, we still email every day and exchange recipes and our lives. You never know when or where you will meet a good friend.

2. If you had your choice of IV cocktails, what would you choose?
I have no idea what this means, but shooting me full of sweet tea and Dr Pepper couldn't be all bad.

3. Tell us your funniest hospital story.
My funniest hospital story would be when my son sat in the chair by my bed and it broke and to the floor he went. It could have turned out a different way, but he wasn't hurt and it was hilarious at the time.

4. Do you have any hospital phobias?
Not any more! Well maybe staying far away from the morgue would be a phobia.

5. Imagine you are in bed trying to get some sleep after a long night of interruptions by the nurse on duty who would NOT stop waking you up to see if you were asleep...It is 3am. You finally get to sleep. She comes in at 3:15 and wakes you up again. What happens next?
Lol, this has happened several times... I usually fall back to sleep while she is working on me.

6. You are stuck in the elevator with an attractive person of the opposite sex. You notice there is no wedding band. Do you strike up a conversation? If so, what is the first thing you would say?
I am 55 years old, and happily married, but a little eye candy is good for the soul, so I would ask him "How are you?" and see how he responded and take it from there.

7. A very odd patient wanders into your room from the upstairs psychiatric ward. What do you do?
Where is that stupid buzzer???NURSE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment