Monday, October 10, 2011

The New Me

Hi, today is the ist day of my journey to a new me. As you can see I have gained a lot of weight....a whole lot! In the pic I am showing my new gown and bracelet hubby surprised me with. I do have a wonderful husband. I have always been a big girl since my mid 20's and usually weigh about 180 to 200. I am weighing in today at 286.8. Super Fat. But no more. I plan on losing 21 pounds by Thanksgiving. It is my first goal.

After I had my liver transplant almost three years ago, I felt like a victim. I couldn't do anything and had no strength for a long time. So I became a victim, and I hate it. I do not want my transplant to be my story. So as of today I will slowly start to change.

The first chapter of my journey is working on myself. I don't do much of anything at all any more so that changes today. I got up at 7 (usually sleep til near noon), put on dinner, and started my new daily facial routine. That may not sound like much to you, but it is BIG for me. Now I am blogging, and off for a walk. That might do it for today, but it is a start, and that is what I need for myself, a new start.

I will also be making my 30 in 30 plan. (30 things to do in 30 days). Simple things, but things to help my depression and help me get back to the land of the living, instead of being a recluse basically in my own home. Thank you all for sticking by me through this. It means more than you know.

This was at 210. Felt so much better. Heading that way again. This is my hubby Robert.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Sandy. You know a 30 minute walk a day will do you wonders. Take the weekends off if you like as 5 days a week is excellent exercise. I'm so happy for you. I'll be right here cheering you on.

    Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete