Sunday, January 24, 2016

My new blog Day #1

Well, I have missed blogging so much. I really wish I could delete all my old blog posts and start over, but something tells me not to do that. I have never had the blog I wanted because I did not blog for me. This new start is all about me and my life. It will have Sunday Stories, Monday meals and recipes, Tuesday anything goes, Wednesday Weigh in and diet talk, Thankful Thursday, Friday photos, and Saturday links. Mixed in will be reviews, book talk, a daily journal prompt and reply, giveaways, and lots more things that I want to do for me. I really hope you will join me in this journey called life.

Monday Meals #1

CHILI PASTA SALAD
 (from www.simplystacie.net)


I found this on Simpystacie. net a few years ago and it a a favorite of ours! Please try it and tell me what you think! Then visit www.simplystacie.net and check out her blog.


  • 4 cups uncooked bowtie pasta
  • 1 tbsp cooking oil
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1  can stewed tomatoes
  • 1  can kidney beans, drained & rinsed ( I use dark kidney beans)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/8 cup lime juice
  • 1  package chili seasoning 
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and put in a large bowl. Set aside.
  2. Heat the cooking oil in a large saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Add in ground beef, onions and green pepper. Cook until beef is browned and vegetables are softened.
  3. Stir in package of chili seasoning mix. Add in stewed tomatoes and kidney beans and stir together. Remove from heat and set aside.
  4. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and garlic. Add the mixture to the bowtie pasta and stir to combine. Add the chili into the pasta mixture and stir together. Serve warm or chilled.
HAVE AN AWESOME MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment